Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wedded Bliss






Well here she is … my first wedding cake. Nearly a week worth of work and our biggest, hardest project in culinary school is complete. It was nerve racking and stressful and incredibly fun. (Except for the bit where the fondant tried to kill me!)

The theme of my wedding cake is inspired by my parent’s wedding day. The cake topper is a “B” for “Barnett.” The magnolia is the state flower of Louisiana, where they met and were married. The green fondant matches the shade of my mother’s wedding gown and the smaller flowers match the lace on the gown. The blown sugar heart represents the month of February in which they were married. The extension lace “snowflakes” are inspired by the fact that completely out of character for Louisiana, it snowed on their wedding day preventing many of their guests from arriving.

Thanks for always supporting me Mom and Dad, this one’s for you. Love, S

5 comments:

CW said...

I was randomly blogsurfing and came across yours - this cake is unbelievable! You obviously are in the right field.

Allie said...

hey there! i followed your facebook link here and am really excited to see you have a blog. i'll be sure to follow it!

i created one two years ago for friends from afar, too. it has been more of a social diary and is not always that interesting (i do a good sell, don't i?) but feel free to check it out: www.newthingsforthenewyear.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

That's BEAUTIFUL! Wow, I'm very impressed!

Emily Daly said...

WOW, Sarah Beth. This is a lovely cake, one any bride would be thrilled to have! My mom and I are both so, so impressed -- congrats on your first wedding masterpiece!

Anonymous said...

hey sara your dad sent me your pics and your food looks wonderful. It makes me want to taste everything. hope you have a great christmas Louise