Monday, November 17, 2008

Little Monster's Birthday Cake!





I am so excited about my children's birthday cake. I used the book "Little Monster's Bedtime Book" by Mercer Meyer for my inspiration. It was my all time favorite book as a kid and I insisted that it be read to me at nearly every bedtime. It was also given to me by my deceased "Grampie" who I miss dearly.
The cake is a devil's food cake with raspberry jam and chocolate buttercream frosting. I used modeling chocolate to create the little monster and for the painting's frame. After nearly a week finally, the pastillage dried and I was able to do my cocoa painting. (It is just like it sounds ... painting with cocoa powder.) I piped both the side message "Little Monster's Birthday Bash" and the "Happy Birthday" with royal icing.
I wished I could give it to someone with a birthday, alas, no one with a birthday coming up is near by so the upstairs neighbor who held the door for me today and the guy two doors down who loves chocolate got the cake. Enjoy the pics.

No comments: