Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lunch with Larry


Yesterday I attended "Lunch with Larry." Larry is the General Manager of L'auberge du lac and he frequently has lunch, breakfast, dinner with employees and managers to keep informed and to inform his employees.
As I mentioned in yesterday's post I was allowed to create the desserts for the buffet being served. I made a cream cheese and lemon parfait with blueberries and a poached pear and almond tart. We also served the chocolate bourbon pecan tart we already had on hand.
I was hoping that at least a few people would indulge in dessert, much to my pleasant surprise, they cleaned the platters. Larry praised the pear and almond tart to the entire room. (Honestly, I loved the way they turned out, they were delicious and I could have eaten an entire platter of them alone!) Since, I never see anyone eat anything I make it was a treat for me to look around the room and watch people enjoy my goods. When I saw the GM take one bite of the tart and lean over to the person beside him and recommend them I was ecstatic. I could only think, "This is why I do this!"

No comments: