Thursday, June 11, 2009

Portland and Beyond ...





After my time at August (the externship was a quick six week program.) I took a little time off to visit family and friends. I also needed to go back to Portland to collect a few of my things. Largely, I missed my car!
I spend about a month enjoying all the bakeries of Portland I could find, even venturing out as far as Hood River to check out a really cute little spot called South Bank Kitchen. I did some hiking in the Gorge and wandered the streets of downtown. Sadly, I discovered a little too late that I really did love Portland. It is beautiful and convenient (the public transportation system is incredible) and offers something for everyone. I regret not exploring more while I was in school there. But, I don't regret the hours I spent hidden in the school's labs discovering. After all, that was my real reason for going to Portland.
After weeks of playing tourist in Portland, I wandered my way across country back home to Louisiana ...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Portland is a great city. I miss the PNW too, but I don't miss the constant rain. You'll have to tell me your favorite bakeries so I can check them out next time I'm up there.

Sarah Beth said...

I have a long list, Erin, I'd happy to share them with you. Let me know when you are planning another trip and I'll send you a "best of" list!